Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tuesday August 28th, 2012

We met with a whole gaggle of doctors this morning. Lots of information to process. Delainey's incision is healing perfectly. So that is great.

All the pathology reports came back but one. The important one, of course. It is one the state lab does where they clone the cells and see if/how they grow. We should have that one back by the end of the week, this is the one that will allow for a definitive diagnosis. We do know for sure that it is malignant, after last weeks appointment there was a sliver of a chance it was benign. We met with the pediatric oncologist who we will be working with. The next step will be a bone scan and CT scan to make sure the cancer has not spread. This will need to be done before any treatment can begin. We will get that done hopefully Wed/Thurs next week. By then all the pathology reports will be back and from the scans we will set the official treatment plan. The doctor spoke a little to the ins and outs of the treatments. Radiation is typically a 5 day a week thing for 5 weeks (+/-), D would need to be asleep for each of these applications. If chemo is the way they go it would be one application every 3 weeks with blood draws in between (which could be done locally). This would obviously be the easier of the two to handle as far as the disruption of our family life. Most likely surgery will also be needed at some point. We are all feeling more at peace today then even last night. Thank you all for the continued prayers! My heart is feeling happier now that I know I don't have to go home and tell the kids that we need to cancel our trip to Duluth. We will certainly need a distraction from all the waiting and all the noise of a remodel at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment