Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday November 29th, 2012

So it has been 2 weeks since Delainey's surgery and our life is certainly in full swing again, but this little girl...WOW...she amazes me every day...EVERY DAY!

She knows what she wants, how she wants it, when she wants it and she isn't afraid to fight to get it. She is a tough little lady and I am thankful God gave her that extra "fight" because she sure has needed it.

She can do everything she could before. Yesterday I tried to help her do something, she loudly said "NO!" and then pushed me away and then she just did it. Well, if that didn't make me stop and think. Not only CAN she do it herself she WANTS to do it herself. There is no pity party with her. She's just going to do it.

Before her surgery I dreaded the times I would have to watch her struggle to try and figure out how to do things with only one hand. But now, honestly, I cannot wait to see what she is going to do next. I am so proud when she figures each new thing out. I would like to say she is proud of herself too, but I don't even think she knows she is doing it different than 2 weeks ago. I don't think she realizes her "loss" because she is too focused on just doing what she always did.

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12

1 comment:

  1. That last paragraph...not only has she adapted beautifully, you are as well. Here's to a continued smooth transition to a new 'normal'...your daughter has a remarkable spirit. And I give some of the credit to those who love her :)

    ReplyDelete